The Edit User section is used to manage employee access and information in the Lavu Point of Sale. The following is a list of features that can be utilized in this section.
- Mark a user as Active or Inactive
- Create Usernames and Passwords
- Set the User Access Level
- Set User specific Service Type
- Set Pay Rate
- Contact Information
- Restrict Users
- Set Access Control for Management
To edit a user’s information click on the user’s name from the list of users.
Log into the Admin Control Panel at admin.poslavu.com and navigate to Settings > Edit Users.
ADD A NEW USER:
- Click Add New
- Enable or Disable Active.
- Enabled – When enabled the user will have access to the Lavu POS system according to his/her access level
- Disabled – When disabled the user will have NO access to Lavu POS (App or Control Panel)
- Enter a First and Last Name in the appropriate text fields
- Enter a Username in the text field.
NOTE: The Username must be UNIQUE within the Lavu POS system, not just your location
- Enter a Password in the appropriate text field and Confirm it in the following text field
- Select the user’s Access Level from the drop-down.
Level 0 -When selected, the user will be limited to being able to clock in and out of the software only. This access level does not have the ability to place orders or log in to the back of house. (App Version 3.2.5 or higher is required to use this feature.)
Level 1 – When selected, the user will have limited access to the Lavu app, the amount of limitation can be defined within Advanced Location Settings (refer to Sections 4.3.1 – 4.3.7). Level 1 users DO NOT have access to the POS Lavu Control Panel. This Access Level is typically assigned to servers and cashiers.
Level 2 – When selected, the user will have slightly more access to the Lavu app, the amount of limitation can be defined within Advanced Location Settings (refer to Sections 4.3.1 – 4.3.7). Level 2 users DO NOT have access to the POS Lavu Control Panel. This Access Level is typically assigned to shift managers, bartenders, and senior level servers.
Level 3 – When selected, the user will have full access to the Lavu app AND the Control Panel. This Access Level is typically assigned to General Managers and Owners.
Level 4 – When selected, the user will have full access to the Lavu app AND the Control Panel. This Access Level is typically assigned to multi-location owners that utilize the chained account features.
- Enter a Personal Identification Number(PIN) in the text field
This PIN will need to be unique to the location (i.e. no two users can have the same PIN). This number is how the system will track user’s actions (i.e. server sales, cashier sales, and order information).
- Select the user’s Service Type from the drop-down menu
- IF a location is Chained with another location then select which locations the user can access from the drop-down menu
- Enter a Pay Rate for the user in the text field. This will be used to calculate the total pay for a user when using the Clock In/Out feature in the Lavu POS App
- Enter the Contact Information for the user in the appropriate text fields
NOTE: The user will not be able to recover their own password if an email address is not entered
- Enable or Disable Restricted User if you want to provide partial access to the Admin Control Panel for this particular user
NOTE: If this setting is not enabled then the user will have full access to the Admin Control Panel regardless of the specific areas enabled in the list from Step 13
- Enable or Disable specific areas the user will be able to access in the Admin Control Panel. These options correspond to the general tabs along the top of the Admin Control Panel.
NOTE: Restricted Users will NOT be able to access this feature and restrict access for other users.
- Once all changes have been made, click Submit at the bottom of the page and Reload Settings on all your iDevices running the Lavu POS App.
Call Us 607.423.3939